Friday, April 6, 2012

Introduction - My New Flat in Punggol

Hi all!

Welcome to my blog. Just started this because I am renovating my flat in Punggol. It's actually a 5-room premium flat covering a floor area of 120sqm at Punggol Breeze. Basically, it comes with HDB doors, toilet bowls, floors and master bedroom sink. But still, there are things to be done, such as cabinets, built in appliances, wardrobes, yadda yadda, hence the need for renovation.

As I go along, I will touch on my renovation process. Honestly, it can get pretty tiring running up and down trying to get the best deals but if you're tight on your budget like I am, it pays to do your homework. As well as avoid some of the mistakes which I have made. *wistful look*

Meanwhile, as promised, photos of my new flat - which I got the keys on 13 January 2012. Comes with balcony and bay windows:


Welcome to my living room!




Chio anot?



Entrance to balcony.




Grey wall.




The other side.




View of entrance and dining area from balcony.




MBR. Comes with white aluminium grills.




Close-up.




One of the rooms.




MBR toilet. With a bulky sink!




MBR toilet, this time with a view of the feature wall.




Walkway to the rooms.




The washing machine area - good for putting something about 60cm in width.


Honestly, I think this washing machine area is quite stupid. Unless you live on the top floor with no such pipes, chances are that you'll be quite limited in the types of washing machines you can buy.


The rather annoying and difficult-to-use pulley system clothes rack.


Ok, that's all for pictures. In my next post, I will touch on checking for defects in our HDB flat and what you really should be looking out for - and what you actually needn't be so fussy about. Till then!

5 comments:

  1. For those of you, home owners of new HDB Flats. If you have encountered many home defects as mentioned similar to the above article.
    Please engage a professional inspector to carry out a thorough check at your new flat. One such inspector I know and engaged for my inspection at Seng Kang Estate, He is as C&S Engineer (certified Resident Engineer) with 15+ years of building construction experience. He can provide a comprehensive inspection (100% checks) for the architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical elements at the new HDB Flat, before compile an inspection report to capture all defects detected with actual position of defects; attached photo, defect descriptions and following up on defect rectification.

    Just contact Ecolmw at 93632518 or email: matthewnat123@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and detailed article is this. Love to read it.
    Bedroom Furniture nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something reason to smile, it lifts up my knowledge about this interesting ideas, it was an awesome day for me!
    Pet Shaver

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those of you, home owners of new HDB Flats. If you have encountered many home defects as mentioned similar to the above article.Bird Accessories

    ReplyDelete